Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative technology company that is the digital leader in the memorial and obituary market. Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral home clients in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
With more than 40 million unique visitors per month, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but value time away to spend with family, friends, and communities. We have an immediate need for a talented, motivated Database Administrator who will be a key member of the Data team based in our Naperville, IL office.
The Database Administrator plays an integral role in the optimization, delivery and stability of Legacy’s integrated digital business. As a member of the Data team, the Database Administrator will collaborate with other teams to define and build new features and optimize existing features to drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability of the organization. We are looking for a candidate who is a team player and enjoys working with other people in a fast-paced, Agile environment. There will be distractions, priority changes and critical events, but we keep a positive attitude about it all and work to succeed. The ideal candidate will be:
- A team player with an ability to work collaboratively and independently
- A resourceful problem solver who works effectively under pressure
- Well organized, flexible and adaptable
- Eager for knowledge and application
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild, and database statistics
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes following Change Management process
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 2+ years Transact SQL, DTS, SSIS package development experience
- 1 year of SQL Server database development /programming
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- SSRS experience a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment