You will take ownership of architectural oversight, guidance, and direction-setting for the data warehouse and business intelligence platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly detail-oriented team-player with a positive drive to strategize and implement BI solutions that enable the business to derive valuable insights. You will join a group of key contributors who are actively working together to drive the business forward.
This role is critical in providing leadership around the ongoing analysis, design, and implementation of the BI ecosystem. You will be the liaison between engineering and business-client facing data activities; candidate must have strong communication and analytical abilities, with great DB-accessing skills. You will participate in gathering business and data requirements, analysis of source systems, performing thorough Data Profiling and Data Quality analysis. In addition, you will participate and consult on reporting design and on data validation and related issues.
- Act as a champion for data quality, integrity, and reliability by ensuring operational & analytical systems are designed for optimal information management
- Define the overall BI data architecture; architect, design, and develop reporting and analytical solutions
- Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Ensure that logical and physical data models support the analytic needs of the business.
- Identify appropriate technologies to support the implementation of a BI roadmap, including selecting an enterprise BI tool; evaluations, proof of concepts
- Converting advanced enterprise BI/Decision Support questions directly into SQL independently, to arrive at accurate, timely, performant and expedient solutions
- Own and manage projects from start to completion, eliciting requirements from business stakeholders, performing proof of concepts, design, and development
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand drivers between business initiatives and data strategy
- Data quality, data profiling, data discovery
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or reated field
- Minimum of 6 years of seasoned and varied DW/BI/DSS/Analytics experience; and interaction with business owner stakeholders
- Experience in the design and building of enterprise data warehouses.
- Complete / full stack experience with enterprise reporting / BI tools
- Understanding of predictive/prescriptive analytics, business drivers, and integration with data strategy
- Strong SQL skills are an absolute must; ability to understand data models
- Ability to also work with NoSQL DB’s would be a plus not a must
- Ability to understand ETL/data integration processes
- Experience on various Reporting tools, Tableau a big plus
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Google Analytics/Web Analytics a plus.
- Experience reverse-engineering systems, and understanding cross-platform applications.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment