Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative online media company that collaborates with more than 850 newspapers in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for readers to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
As the leader in the online memorial and obituary market, Legacy.com is visited by more than 18 million unique visitors each month and is a top 50 website as measured by Quantcast. When it comes to online traffic, we keep good company, with more monthly visitors currently than the Apple, WebMD, MLB and Target domains. Legacy.com partners with 85 of the 100 largest newspapers in the U.S. and features obituaries and Guest Books for approximately 75 percent of people who die in the United States.
In addition, the company provides individuals and newspaper affiliates with new and powerful ways to connect during shared times of loss, such as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and in the aftermath of national tragedies such as 9/11.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a hands-on, talented, motivated Technical Operations Developer who will report to our Technical Operations Manager in our Naperville, IL office.
Legacy.com offers great opportunity for personal growth and a challenging and exciting work environment. The Technical Operations Developer will be responsible for providing support to Legacy.com affiliates, advertisers, and internal company departments.
- Develop and maintain Perl scripts that process data feeds from affiliates, vendors and other sources.
- Provide technical support for data delivery and website configuration issues.
- Work with the Affiliate Sales team to launch new affiliates across Legacy.com product lines.
- Work with the Newspaper Support team to troubleshoot and resolve escalated affiliate issues related to data feeds, advertising initiatives, code snippets, etc.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to troubleshoot and resolve affiliate-specific QA issues.
- Work with the Advertising team to set up and maintain digital marketing campaigns including display banners and rich media displays.
- Work with the Advertising team to convert direct marketing email newsletter designs into HTML campaigns using XSLT technology.
- Work with the Analytics team to collect external data from Legacy.com vendors and other sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with data feeds of various formats, including HTML, XML, ASCII delimited, etc.
- Self starter with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated team player with good organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to determine and set task and project priorities
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail to produce a high quality of work
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress every day
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment