Legacy.com is the global leader in online obituaries, a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month around the world. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to serve users by partnering with more than 1,500 newspapers and 3,500 funeral homes across the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Europe. These partnerships provide easy ways for consumers to express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives.
We are embarking on an exciting new project to leverage the power of Big Data to build a new multi-faceted connected graph about people very similar to the work of LinkedIn, Facebook and Google. We are a successful, established web company led by a number of Internet veterans that is leveraging its traditional business and adding new datasets to build a new technology-driven set of platforms upon which numerous products will be based.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Data Architect to drive innovation and contribute to building core capabilities in our Big Data Platform. You will require strong experience with associated software (RapidMiner, Graph Databases, Predictive/Prescriptive Analytics, Python, etc).
- Firm understanding of Data Science/Data Mining/Machine Learning concepts
- Experience with using associated software ( R, RapidMiner, Graph Databases, Predictive/Prescriptive Analytics, Python, etc), and integrating into existing architectures / new architectures
- Influence, lead and develop the big data architecture platform upon which the company will grow, including relational, NoSQL and graph databases
- Analyze and understand multiple existing platform and application needs and design a scalable, extendable architecture to meet those needs
- Work closely with UX designers, front end developers, product managers and back-end engineers to ensure data platforms meet their needs
- Investigate problems and fix as required
- Drive operational excellence in partnership with DevOps
- Apply technical expertise to challenging data and design problems
- 8 - 15 years solid data architecture experience
- Strong data modeling/data architecture experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, SOLR, etc
- Strong with data architecture tuning skills, including infrastructure sizing
- Good open source and Cloud data technology experience
- Very strong Unix/Linux skillset required ( a must ), including shell scripting
- Strong data integration skills
- Good exposure to data science/machine learning/natural language processing technologies, including Python programming skills
- Background which includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Prior work/research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects and multiple tasks simultaneously, and deliver on outcomes and achieve results; solution architecture, full stack
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life, Accident & Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Off-Site Events
- Friendly & Awesome People!