Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have a need for a Digital Product Manager at our new Downtown Chicago office that will report to our VP of Product.
See our new Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
The Digital Product Manager will serve as the product owner for a product or group of products within Legacy.com’s product portfolio.
This role is to identify new product and feature opportunities within his or her area of responsibility, articulate the vision for their product(s), and ensure effective design, delivery, iterative enhancements and building to scale.
This role requires a unique blend of business acumen, UX and technical savvy with the ability to drive transformation on our ATM (Ads, Traffic and Monetization) team. It is the responsibility of this team to focus on driving revenue generating activities along with our primary traffic stakeholder (Director of Demand Generation). This product manager must weigh different requests coming from these different stakeholders and be confident that they are making the right decisions at the right time with the right resources.
Product Manager Key Responsibilities
- In collaboration with VP of Product, help reimagine the product portfolio with a focus on customer retention, engagement and revenue.
- Identify key customer experience and business values associated with new concepts, clearly communicating the goals, objectives, scope and roadmap to success.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, to ensure the product portfolio showcases innovation and stays ahead of the competition.
Product Owner Key Responsibilities
- As Product Owner on an agile scrum team, represent the user/customer needs with engineering and design, convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint and prioritize the backlog.
Data and Analytics Responsibilities
- Functional use of Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Align on KPIs and Reporting Dashboard needs with VP of Product for use in measuring the success of initiatives internally and across key-stakeholder groups.
- Provide direction to our D/A team to assist in standardizing/automating reporting tasks.
- Understand the basics of CRO and has familiarity using tools like Hot Jar, Google Experiments, Optimizely, Crazy Egg, etc.
- It is expected to have a fundamental understanding of SEO in how it relates to User Journey Mapping, On-Page Optimizations and Technical Interlinking Requirements.
- Individual should have the basic understanding of the difference between Crawling and Rendering of content via a search bot with regards to impact of site usability.
- Should have familiarity with using tools like Google Search Console to diagnose technical issues for the ATM development team to fix.
- It is expected that you will work closely with the Director of Demand Generation including Audits, Content Gaps, Competitive Analysis and other SEO Tasks.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (preferred)
- Proven in the area of digital product management and have a solid understanding of online revenue models, lead generation, local advertising, and search.
- Dynamic and results-oriented, moving quickly, while providing leadership and direction with excellent communication.
- An innovative problem solver who can transform ideas into reality.
- Able to collaborate effectively with business, marketing and technology leaders on cross-functional strategic initiatives.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with discretionary employer match
- Parking/Transit Flex Spending
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Catered lunch provided 2x per week, breakfast 1x a week
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress every day
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
- Located within a few blocks of CTA, Ogilvie, and Union Station