Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes, a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a Data Analyst, Traffic Analytics for our Downtown Chicago office to report to our Director of Business Intelligence.
See our Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
Legacy.com is seeking a Data Analyst, Traffic Analytics to use Google Analytics 360 to solve analytically complex questions by leveraging web traffic, sales, and customer data, turning these into actionable insights. Legacy.com is a top 50 website and will require the Analyst to be well versed in multi-domain tracking and reporting.
This position requires a combination of strong data analysis, business analytics and communication skills. A good understanding of business strategy and experience in the ecommerce industry is helpful.
Experience with Google Analytics 360 will be critical to your success in this role.
We are looking for an innovative, positive, self-directed team player who is passionate about solving problems.
- Report and analyze website traffic, behavior, and product performance for multiple different product lines.
- Define, maintain, and optimize web analytics tagging requirements for a complex multi-domain, multi-application analytics ecosystem.
- Work collaboratively to identify business needs and provide data-driven insights to fuel business and marketing decisions.
- Create automated executive and client dashboards to enable stakeholders to monitor business and product performance.
- Generate ad hoc reports and related insights that enable the organization to be agile and responsive to new opportunities.
- Conduct analyses and test hypotheses around business questions.
- Develop consistent approaches and methodologies, automating repeatable tasks and driving process efficiencies.
- Partner with internal data architects to deliver solutions to support ongoing Business Intelligence needs, working within our data governance policies and controls.
- Work with external vendors, where necessary to keep analytics software up to date with the latest technologies (think GA4).
- 3+ years of experience in business analytics for consumer web/mobile, digital advertising, internet search, e-commerce, or related field.
- Experience using Google Analytics 360 preferred, specifically with tagging and tracking methods, including implementation of tagging on new and existing websites/applications.
- 1+ years’ experience creating dashboards in Tableau and connecting to cloud-based databases.
- Experience querying databases using SQL.
- A strong curiosity that drives you to look for the meaning behind the data.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of teams including executives, customers, and developers.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven team player with ability to work independently while managing and prioritizing multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for analytics, data, and delivering results.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer sciences or another quantitative field preferred.
- Experience using Google BigQuery.
- Experience automating data workflows and making API calls using python.
- Experience creating Alteryx workflows.
We offer a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment