Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a talented, experienced Product Manager for our new Downtown Chicago office that will report to our VP of Product.
See our new Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
We are searching for a detail-oriented product manager to lead our e-commerce development team. The product manager will be expected to work with engineers, marketing personnel, and other product team members and creatives to ensure deadlines are met and products are launched.
This role requires a unique blend of business acumen, UX and technical savvy with the ability to drive transformation. The product manager must understand market needs and define innovative solutions that exceed expectations for growth.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Equally analytical and creative, and able to justify decisions to a range of stakeholders.
- Proven in product management and have a solid understanding of online revenue models, lead generation, local advertising, e-commerce, and search.
- Dynamic and results-oriented, moving quickly, while providing leadership and direction with excellent communication.
- Able to collaborate effectively with business, marketing, and technology leaders on cross-functional strategic initiatives.
- In collaboration with VP of Product and VP of E-commerce, develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision.
- Work with senior leadership to create product plans and roadmaps
- Work with design team to create design mocks and prototypes
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on-schedule
- Keep abreast of industry trends, to ensure the product portfolio showcases innovation and stays ahead of the competition.
- Convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Prioritize the backlog according to release goals.
- Align on KPIs and Reporting Dashboard needs with VP of Product for use in measuring the success of initiatives internally and across key-stakeholder groups.
- 3+ years prior experience in Platform, Product, or e-Commerce.
- Functional use of Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Understand the basics of CRO and has familiarity using tools like Hot Jar, Google Experiments, etc.
- Hands on with research and discovery.
- Data driven and analytical with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to operate with incomplete information.
- Deep understanding of agile processes and principles.
- Impeccable communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Disciplined time manager who can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k plan with discretionary employer match
- Parking/Transit Flex Spending
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Catered lunch provided 2x per week, breakfast 1x a week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress every day
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
- Located within a few blocks of CTA, Ogilvie, and Union Station