Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes, a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for a Programmatic Analyst to report to our Director of Business Intelligence.
See our Chicago HQ: https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/06/06/legacycom-new-chicago-office
The Programmatic Advertising Analyst will have a direct role in shaping the monetization strategy for the organization through the data insights they uncover. The Programmatic Advertising Analyst will collect, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources (ad server, programmatic, Google Analytics etc.) as well as make predictions and recommend areas to increase yield and grow future revenues. The Programmatic Advertising Analyst will work closely with internal teams to track and forecast the success/outcome of digital monetization initiatives, leveraging a variety of different software packages to translate their findings into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Manages all reporting, analytics platforms, and tools related to advertising data.
- Uses a variety of reporting tools and sources to analyze and evaluate daily performance across our sites, programmatic demand sources, and individual campaigns, and addresses any issues that arise.
- Works with Business Intelligence and Ad Ops teams to forecast ad performance and future revenues.
- Develops visualizations, reports and dashboards that benchmark advertising performance, identifies trends, and detects areas of concern.
- Communicates current financial performance to stakeholders and executives on a weekly basis.
- Proposes solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Conducts both ad hoc and ongoing historical analyses on inventory quality, viewability, and other KPIs. Clearly and visually communicate relevant findings and offer recommendations to grow revenue.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to determine the business value of various product initiatives.
- Ensures data integrity across all reporting, such as honoring validation processes and identifying areas to improve.
- 1+ year of experience in business analysis, in media, tech or advertising.
- Advanced level expertise in Excel. Must know how to utilize pivot tables.
- Familiarity with publisher ad serving platforms (GAM), programmatic demand sources and third-party advertising servers, and a good working knowledge of ad tech and the programmatic marketplace.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and comfortable working with very large sets of data.
- Experience using various reporting services, pulling data from multiple sources to extract relevant data.
- Proven track record of compiling data in comprehensive reports, analyzing trends and making fact-based recommendations.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-reliance, strong self-teacher passionate about problem solving.
- Comfortable with presenting findings to a variety of different audiences and in multiple formats (written, verbal, visual).
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proactive, results-oriented with strong customer service orientation and excellent attention to detail
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently
- Professional verbal/written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied math or related field.
- Experience with creating Tableau dashboards.
- Experience with STAQ.
- Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment