Are you a take charge Software Quality Assurance Manager?
Are you passionate, energetic and an inquisitive thinker? If you answered yes to any of those questions, we’d like you to become an integral part of our team! As the leader in online memorialization, Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral homes in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences to their loved ones.
With more than 27 million unique visitors per month and 275 million monthly page views, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but value time away to spend with family, friends and communities.
We have an immediate need for a talented, motivated Software Quality Assurance Manager who will report to our Director of DevOps, based in Chicago, IL.
The Software Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the QA group to ensure high quality is embedded in all Legacy.com applications throughout the product development lifecycle, including automation testing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA team. The Software Quality Assurance Manager is also responsible for setting the direction of the QA team including testing procedures (automated, regression, etc.) and standards, and building and maintaining the testing environment. S(he) will analyze deficiencies in service or performance and recommend product or service improvements to address identified problems. Additionally, the Software Quality Assurance Manager will work closely with the heads of other departments to assist with project planning and timelines, as well as managing and responding to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups.
- Oversee QA team testing activities, providing guidance and/or additional testing effort in complex areas, while ensuring that quality assurance and testing activities are established and enforced across appropriate releases and products
- Manage and maintain QA environment and test equipment, including performing the necessary configuration changes to the test environment for product release and ensuring that the QA team is testing with proper browsers/mobile devices and acquiring more when necessary
- Define, develop, implement and maintain reusable, flexible, accurate and well-documented quality assurance methodology and procedures for a broad user base with extreme attention to detail; this includes test cases, specifications, tool and other technical documentation based on defined workflows, use cases and business requirements
- Maintain the organization of QA test documents in a central location and work with Product Team to organize and maintain Requirements Documents repository, to look back on as a resource for information
- Coordinate with Product Development and/or Technology teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Continually improve knowledge of web-based technology, products, and tools to ensure that quality assurance process follows best practices, promoting innovation and adoption of new technologies when applicable
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver using Node.js and Nightwatch.js frameworks or similar
- Strong knowledge of automated test methodologies is essential, including automated test script development, automated test tool/utility development and participation in establishment of an automated testing framework
- Proficiency with databases and writing moderately complex SQL queries for data verification purposes
- Outstanding organizational and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Parking/Transit Flex Spending Plans
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment