Company and Opportunity
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the leader in online obituaries; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our leadership is actively investing in the growth of the organization, expanding our business model and helping more people as our culture’s relationship with end-of-life evolves. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
We are looking for an Assistant Operations Manager with strong leadership and supervisory experience to join our operations team. The Assistant Operations Manager will help manage a workforce of 100+ remote content review specialists, dedicated to ensuring on-time delivery of accurate data into the Legacy.com database for our clients and customers.
We are looking for an innovative, positive, self-directed team player who is passionate about solving problems, identifying smart improvements, and process optimization. He/She will be a critical contributor, helping to implement change initiatives that improve operational efficiency and scaling, establish metrics, drive continuous improvement, and provide a best-in-class training and on-boarding program.
A successful candidate will possess excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills, with a proven track record of making process improvements. A good understanding of lean-thinking principles would be helpful.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Director of CX & Operations, as well as create strong working relationships across technology, product, analytics, and support teams.
The position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Monday-Friday, 9am – 6:00 pm
- Manage the day-to-day production environment, including guest book screening, notice processing, daily assignments, scheduling, and hiring
- Evaluate content review processes and trends in workflow with an eye toward improving efficiency and scheduling
- Establish metrics that align with business and revenue needs
- Continually identify opportunities to improve reporting and analysis
- Produce and analyze daily, weekly, monthly summary report results to ensure relevant KPIs are being met and to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure guestbook entries and notices are processed in accordance with standard guidelines
- Write and deliver semi-annual performance evaluations to team members
- Monitor productivity through regular reviews of audit trails and address team members’ performance issues as needed
- Lead and mentor to develop and maintain a high performing team focused on exceeding operational expectations
- Assist with managing budgeting and reporting efforts, including forecasting
- Ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met through continuous process improvements
- Develop and execute staffing plans for continual growth and peak seasons fluctuation
- Support and develop Content Review Supervisors and provide guidance and feedback in determining appropriate action related to personnel issues
- Ensure workflow is sufficiently monitored and daily schedules are adjusted to meet current needs
- Diagnose issues remote users are having and recommend the appropriate solution; escalate to the Technology team as necessary
- Participate in shift coordination and rearrange resources based on current content review needs
- Collaborate with Human Resources to interview and make hiring recommendations for new staff members
- Monitor vacation/sick leave accruals, training, and ongoing staff development
- Prepare and maintain procedures for all Content Review tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Years of job-related experience required: 2-3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently, and manage and prioritize multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with process efficiency and improvement
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and project management skills
- Decisiveness, sensitivity and good judgment
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to adapt to new technologies with ease
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum level of formal education required: Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other MS Office programs preferred.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Twice weekly lunch and weekly breakfast, daily company-provided snacks/beverages
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
- Option to work from home once per week