Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is an innovative technology company that is the digital leader in the memorial and obituary market. Legacy.com collaborates with more than 1,500 newspaper and funeral home clients in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for individuals to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
With more than 40 million unique visitors per month, Legacy.com is a top 50 U.S. domain as measured by Quantcast.
Over the years we have created a successful, growing business all while nurturing an organization that makes social contributions. If you have a big brain, big ambitions and a big heart, we want you! We value individuals who take their work seriously, but value time away to spend with family, friends, and communities. We have an immediate need for a talented, motivated Business Analyst who will report to our Director of Product, based in our Naperville, IL or Evanston, IL office.
The Digital Web Business Analyst plays an integral role in the optimization and delivery of Legacy’s integrated digital business. As a member of the Product Development team, the Digital Web Business Analyst will collaborate with Product Managers to define and build new features and optimize existing features to drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability. The Digital Web Business Analyst must be able to author clear user stories and requirements, participate in backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, and validate acceptance criteria and success metrics.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in digital product development
- Knowledgeable with CMS solutions and integrating APIs, webservices and data from multiple sources
- Familiar with optimization tools: Optimizely, Google Analytics, UserTesting.com, CrazyEgg
- A team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- A resourceful problem solver
- Well organized, flexible and adaptable
- Eager for knowledge and application
- Monitor key metrics and identify emerging issues and opportunities for Legacy’s digital media business
- Provide valuable input into product requests, business cases and opportunity assessments based upon application capabilities, user needs and data analysis
- Coordinate data integration to ensure seamless flow through digital platform
- Create high-quality user stories and requirements for use by the Development and Quality Assurance teams, and ensure that the delivered projects meet stakeholder expectations
- Assist in the coordination of a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute, including Project Management, Development, UX/Design, QA, Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, Analytics, Advertising and Finance
- Utilize strong project management skills including as applicable preparing project plans, meeting agendas, meeting follow-up and decision documentation, and keep stakeholders informed on status of projects, accomplishments, and issues in a timely fashion; develop action plans to resolve delays or problems and meet deadlines
- Assist Product Managers and other stakeholders with problem analysis and problem resolution, as well as field data and application related questions
- Coordinate with the Analytics Team to ensure proper tracking is in place for all projects; analyze data, identify opportunities, and make recommendations to assist in business decision making or on-going monitoring of business issues
- Keep abreast of digital industry trends and build vendor relationships to ensure innovation that drives revenue and increases customer satisfaction
- 2+ years product development and optimization experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business or related field
- Thorough understanding of the digital product development lifecycle, information architecture, and impact to user experience
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: digital media, mobile/responsive design, APIs, web services, e-commerce, SEO, social media, email and digital advertising
- Strong analytical capability, able to draw conclusions from data, key performance indicators and trends
- Proven track record of working with internal and external customers to understand their needs and translate those needs into specific, actionable requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and take input across all levels of the organization and remove roadblocks through creative problem solving.
- Creative, self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high level of quality and service orientation.
- Disciplined time manager with strong ability to determine and manage priorities and sound judgment to identify issues, troubleshoot, and escalate when appropriate.
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment